1 not stale or old; "fresh bread"; "a fresh scent" [ant: stale]
2 (of a cycle) beginning or occurring again; "a fresh start"; "fresh ideas"
3 imparting vitality and energy; "the bracing mountain air" [syn: bracing, brisk, energizing, energising, refreshing, refreshful, tonic]
4 of a kind not seen before; "the computer produced a completely novel proof of a well-known theorem" [syn: new, novel]
5 not canned or otherwise preserved; "fresh vegetables" [ant: preserved]
6 not containing or composed of salt water; "fresh water" [ant: salt]
7 having recently calved and therefore able to give milk; "the cow is fresh"
10 free from impurities; "clean water"; "fresh air" [syn: clean]
11 not artificial; "fresh cut flowers" [syn: fresh(a)]
12 not yet used or soiled; "a fresh shirt"; "a fresh sheet of paper"; "an unused envelope" [syn: unused]
13 improperly forward or bold; "don't be fresh with me"; "impertinent of a child to lecture a grownup"; "an impudent boy given to insulting strangers" [syn: impertinent, impudent, overbold, smart, saucy, sassy] adv : very recently; "they are newly married"; "newly raised objections"; "a newly arranged hairdo"; "grass new washed by the rain"; "a freshly cleaned floor"; "we are fresh out of tomatoes" [syn: recently, newly, freshly, new]
EtymologyVia Middle English and Old French from Late Latin *friscus
- Rhymes: -ɛʃ
- New or clean.
- He put on a fresh set of clothes.
- Of produce, not from
- I had a fresh salad made from vegetables straight out of the garden.
- Refreshing or cool.
- What a nice fresh breeze.
- Without salt (especially of water).
- The islanders drank from a fresh water spring.
cheeky, or inappropriate.
- No one liked his fresh comments.
- Very clean, and trendy looking garments, clothes, shoes,
- Those clothes are fresh. Those shoes are fresh.
- Rested and ready to engage with the enemy immediately.
New or clean (1)
Of produce, not from storage (2)
Refreshing or cool (3)
Without salt (4)
Rude or inappropriate (5)
Fresh or FRESH may refer to:
Food and drink
- Fresh Choice, a buffet-style restaurant chain
- Fresh Del Monte Produce, a major producer and distributor of fruit and other agricultural products
- Fresh Market, a gourmet supermarket chain based in North Carolina
- Post harvest freshness
- Fresh water, water with less than 0.5 parts per thousand dissolved salts
- Fresh (album), an album disambiguation page
- Fresh Azimiz, a single featured on Bow Wow's 2005 album Wanted
- Fresh Records, the name of two defunct independent record labels
- Fresh I.E., a Christian rap artist from Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Fresh Kid Ice, a founding member of controversial rap group 2 Live Crew
- Fresh (musician), the stage name of UK-based drum and bass artist Dan Stein
- Fresh Democratic Party, a liberal political party in Nigeria
- Fresh Start, a grouping within the British Conservative Party opposed to the Maastricht Treaty
- FRESH, UNESCO a world-wide school health project
- Fresh Air airline, an airline in Nigeria
- Fresh Air Fund, a charity meant to help inner city children have fun in less urban environments
- Fresh Ministries, a non-profit charity based in Jacksonville, Florida
- Fresh Talents Music Project, a new education project based in Rijeka, Croatia
- Fresh Writers Books, a book publishing company based in Uniontown, Ohio
- Fresh Kills, a stream and freshwater estuary in the New York City borough of Staten Island
- Fresh Kills Landfill, on the New York City borough of Staten Island
- Fresh Meadows, Queens, a neighborhood in northeastern portion of the borough of Queens in New York City
- Fresh Pond Bus Depot, on Fresh Pond Road near 67th Avenue in the Ridgewood neighborhood of Queens, New York City
- Fresh Pond Road (BMT Myrtle Avenue Line), a station on the BMT Myrtle Avenue Line of the New York City Subway
- Fresh Creek, a district of the Bahamas before 1996
- Fresh Pond, Cambridge, Massachusetts, a reservoir and park
- Fresh River, a historic name for the Connecticut River
- Fresh River (New Hampshire)
- Freshwater ecoregion, represents the freshwater habitats of a particular geographic area, including rivers, streams, lakes, and wetlands
Radio, TV and film
- Fresh Air (Edinburgh), the alternative music student radio station serving Edinburgh, Scotland
- Fresh 105 FM, a fictional radio station featured in the video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories soundtrack.
- Fresh FM, an Adelaide radio station.
- Fresh FM, a radio statio in St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada.
- Fresh FM Nelson, a not-for-profit community access radio station inNew Zealand
- Fresh Radio, an independent local radio station broadcasting to the Yorkshire Dales in Northern England
- WWFS, known as Fresh 102.7, New York City FM station
- WCFS, known as Fresh 105.9, Chicago FM station
- Fresh 40, a networked music singles chart broadcast on a number of UK commercial radio stations
- Fresh Air, a radio show broadcast on National Public Radio
- Fresh (TV series), a cooking show filmed in Australia
- Fresh Baked Videogames, a comedy show about video games
- Fresh Fields, a British situation comedy
- Fresh (film), a 1994 film
- Fresh Gear, a television program on ZDTV
- Fresh Hare, a Warner Brothers Merrie Melodies cartoon
- Fresh Horses, a 1988 drama film
- Fresh with Anna Olson, a Canadian cooking show presenter by Anna Olson
- Fresh Effy/Big Beaw, The Freshest Big Beaw ever!
- Fresh Cut Flowers and Fresh Cut Greens Promotion and Information Act
- Fresh gas flow, the mixture of medical gases and volatile anaesthetic agents which is produced by an anaesthetic machine
- Fresh Kiss, a line of pocket-sized breath sensors from Japanese company Tanita
- Fresh off the boat, a slang phrase
- Fresh Prince, a disambiguation page
- Fresh Talent - Working in Scotland Scheme, a Scottish immigration programme
- Fresh Verdicts on Joan of Arc, a collection of scholarly essays on Joan of Arc
- Fresh (IDE), a IDE for flat assembler languages.
fresh in Russian: Fresh
Niagara, a novice at, a stranger to, accessory, active, actual, additional, adolescent stream, aeolian, airish, airy, alert, alive, alternative, ancillary, another, arroyo, artless, as is, authentic, auxiliary, avant-garde, beck, being, biggety, blasty, bleached, blooming, blowy, bluff, blustering, blusterous, blustery, bold, boreal, bourn, bracing, braided stream, branch, brand-new, brash, brassy, brazen, breezy, bright, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, brisk, brook, brooklet, burn, callow, cataract, channel, cheeky, cheering, chill, chilly, chutzpadik, clean, cleanly, clear, cocky, collateral, contemporaneous, contemporary, contemptuous, contributory, cool, coolish, cordial, creative, creek, crick, crisp, crispy, crude, crusty, current, dainty, deluge, derisive, dewy, different, dirt-free, disrespectful, drafty, eidetic, else, enduring, energetic, energizing, ever-new, evergreen, exhilarating, existent, existing, extant, extra, facy, fair, farther, fastidious, favonian, firsthand, flawy, fledgling, flip, flippant, flood, flourishing, flowing stream, flush, flushed, fluviation, forward, fresh as April, freshet, further, gally, gill, gleaming, glistening, glowing, gratuitous, green, green as grass, gusty, harmless, healthy, held back, held in reserve, held out, ignorant, imaginative, immaculate, immanent, immature, immediate, impertinent, impudent, in abeyance, in hand, inexperienced, insolent, instant, intact, invigorated, invigorating, inviolate, keen, kept in remembrance, kill, kosher, lasting, latest, lazy stream, lively, maiden, maidenly, malapert, meandering stream, midchannel, midstream, millstream, mint, moderate, modern, modernistic, more, most recent, moving road, naive, natural, navigable river, neoteric, nervy, nestling, new, new to, new-fashioned, newfangled, nonpolluted, novel, of cleanly habits, original, other, pert, pink, plus, pour, present, present-age, present-day, present-time, presumptuous, pristine, puffy, pure, put aside, put by, race, racing stream, raw, recalled, recent, recollected, refreshed, refreshful, refreshing, regaling, remembered, renewed, reserve, retained, revolutionary, ritually pure, river, rivulet, rosy, rosy-cheeked, rousing, ruddy, rude, run, rundle, runlet, runnel, running, sassy, saucy, saved, scatheless, sempervirent, shiny, sike, smart, smart-alecky, smart-ass, smut-free, smutless, spare, sparkling, spate, spill stream, spotless, spry, squally, stainless, stimulating, stored, stream, stream action, streamlet, striking, strong, subterranean river, supernumerary, supplemental, supplementary, surplus, suspended, sweet, tahar, temperate, that be, that is, to spare, tonic, topical, torrent, tubbed, ulterior, unaccustomed to, unacquainted with, unadulterated, unapplied, unbeaten, unbesmirched, unblemished, unblotted, unbroken, unbruised, uncalled-for, unconsumed, unconventional, unconversant, unconversant with, uncouth, undamaged, undefaced, undefiled, undeformed, undemolished, underived, undestroyed, undeveloped, unemployed, unexercised, unexpended, unexperienced, unfaded, unfamiliar with, unfledged, unforgotten, unhandled, unharmed, unhurt, unimpaired, uninitiated in, uninjured, unique, unmaimed, unmangled, unmarked, unmarred, unmatured, unmuddied, unorthodox, unpolluted, unpracticed, unpracticed in, unripe, unscarred, unscathed, unscratched, unseasoned, unshattered, unskilled in, unsmirched, unsmudged, unsoiled, unsophisticated, unspent, unspoiled, unspotted, unstained, unsullied, untainted, untapped, untarnished, untested, untorn, untouched, untrained, untried, untrodden, unused, unused to, unusual, unutilized, unversed, unversed in, unwithered, unworn, up-to-date, up-to-the-minute, vernal, vigorous, virgin, virginal, vital, vivid, wadi, waived, watercourse, waterflood, waterway, well, well-scrubbed, well-washed, white, whitened, wholesome, windy, wise-ass, young, youthful, zestful, zesty